We live in such a generous community that really cares about children that they will never see. During hard times in the economy, children seem to suffer the most – and many times in silence. Thank you for opening up your heart to these children.
This was the 17th anniversary year for the program that has delivered over 50,000 coats to children in Allen County and the Northeast Indiana area.
Our sincere thanks go to:
• Our great partners, Peerless Cleaners, Kroger’s and Scotts Food Stores, Adams Radio Group, Penn Station East Coast Subs, Fort Wayne Firefighters, and St. Vincent DePaul Society.
• Corporate donations from Wells Fargo Bank, Lincoln Financial Services, Dr. David Bojrab and Pain Managemwnt Associates, Kroger Stores, and Fort Wayne Professional Firefighters IAFF Local 124.
• The many individual and anonymous donors who saw the unmet need in our community.
• For Wayne Fire Fighters, Lincoln Financial IT Group, Skyline YMCA, and members of St. Vincent DePaul Society who delivered coats to local schools and social services agencies.
• Community members, families, and the Volunteer Center team members who enthusiastically sorted vast mountains of coats, matched mittens, scarves and hats and filled the orders for each group.
• Teachers and case managers from public, private, and charter schools who took the time to “place and order” for the number of coats and sizes that were needed.
• Charis House, Catholic Charities, YMCA, RSVP Food Bank Auburn, ResCare Youth Services, SCAN, Just Neighbors & Genesis Outreach who placed orders for coats for their clients.
• Our knitters who produced hundreds of sets of knitted goods that went with a majority of the coats.
• Every person who took the time to donate coats.
Please remember this great Fort Wayne holiday tradition again next year.
Jean Joley, executive director