• Newsletters
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
°
Wednesday, September 20, 2017
View complete forecast
News-Sentinel.com Your Town. Your Voice.

Two more players exit Notre Dame football program

Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.The Associated Press
Wednesday, June 07, 2017 05:30 pm

Brian Kelly announced Wednesday that two more scholarship players will leave the Notre Dame football program, effective immediately. 

Senior tight end Tyler Luatua has been granted a medical disqualification and will no longer play college football. He will remain at Notre Dame on scholarship.

"It's always a difficult decision for a player to step away from football," said Kelly in a statement. "Most importantly, Tyler will still have an opportunity to earn his degree."

Luatua played in 10 games as a true freshman in 2014. In February of 2016, Luatua announced he would transfer to BYU, but later decided to stay in South Bend.

Luatua was well behind Durham Smythe, Alize Jones and Nic Weishar on the post-spring tight end depth chart.

It was also announced that sophomore offensive lineman Parker Boudreaux would seek a transfer after one season with the Irish. The Florida native preserved a year of eligibility in 2016 as a true freshman after coming to Notre Dame rated as one of the top offensive guards in the country.  

"We thank Parker for his work, dedication and commitment to our program over the last year and wish him nothing but the best moving forward," said Kelly in a statement. 

Comments

News-Sentinel.com reserves the right to remove any content appearing on its website. Our policy will be to remove postings that constitute profanity, obscenity, libel, spam, invasion of privacy, impersonation of another, or attacks on racial, ethnic or other groups. For more information, see our user rules page.
comments powered by Disqus