- Packing up Hurricane Harvey relief donations
- Another round of local hurricane donations leaves Sunday from Fort Wayne for Texas
- Fort Wayne-based I&M sending more crews for hurricane aid
- Former Fort Wayne residents bracing for or evacuating from Hurricane Irma
- Fort Wayne company collecting cleaning supplies for Hurricane Harvey-hit Katy, Texas
Fort Wayne International Airport posted Wednesday Allegiant's options for those flying to Orlando, Fla., with Hurricane Irma predicted to be headed to the state. Allegiant planned to keep travelers updated at www.allegiantair.com/travel-alerts.
Several airlines told The Associated Press on Wednesday that they planned to cancel flights in Hurricane Irma's path. American Airlines says it will begin shutting down operations in Miami, Fort Lauderdale, Fort Myers, Sarasota and West Palm Beach by Friday afternoon and cancel flights through the weekend.
JetBlue Airways said Wednesday afternoon that it had canceled about 130 flights.
American, JetBlue, United and Delta offered waivers letting customers change travel plans to Florida and the Caribbean without the usual charges for changing a ticket. Dates and covered locations varied.