Hastings actually started out in radio, and began his showbiz career after WWII by portraying Archie Andrews on the radio show of the same name. He branched into TV work — both in front of the camera and behind the scenes as a voice-over actor.
Let's take a look back at Hastings' career.
1. What was Lt. Carpenter's first name on "McHale's Navy?"
2. During the 1960s, Hastings provided voice-over work on "The Munsters" as the voice of what?
3. He was the emcee for New Year's Eve festivities in which Irwin Allen disaster flick?
4. What was his recurring character's name on "All in the Family?"
5. He provided the voice for which Batman character on "Batman: Mask of the Phantasm," "Batman the Animated Series" and "The New Batman Adventures?"
6. He provided the voice to Henry Glopp on which 1973 TV series?
7. He usually played a sheriff or state trooper on which 1967-71 TV series about a lawyer who turns farmer?
Answers: 1. Elroy. 2. The Raven. 3. "The Poseidon Adventure." 4. Tommy Kelsey. 5. Commissioner James Gordon. 6. "Jeannie." 7. "Green Acres."