- TV Diary quiz: What do you know about Albert Finney?
- TV Diary: Have you been to Coldwater Crossing lately?
- TV Diary quiz: 'It's a bird! It's a plane! No, it's Superman!'
- TV Diary quiz: How well do you know 'Rain Man?'
- TV Diary quiz: Julianne Moore is on 'The Lost World: Jurassic Park' and more
There’s a saying, if you want something done right, do it yourself. Paul Mazursky certainly lived this saying in Hollywood. The writer, producer, director and actor, who died June 30 at age 84, often saw a project through from beginning to end: “Love in Blume” (1973), “Harry and Tonto” (1974), “An Unmarried Woman” (1978), “Moscow on the Hudson” (1984), “Down and Out in Beverly Hills” (1986) and “Scenes from a Mall” (1991).
Of course, he was responsible for so many other films, and was nominated five times for an Academy Award — mainly in the Best Writing category.
This quiz celebrates the life of Mazursky.
1. His first name was not Paul. Do you know what his first name is?
2. One of the actors he directed won an Academy Award for his performance in “Harry and Tonto.” Can you name him?
3. He co-created which 1966 TV series about the misadventures of a struggling rock group?
4. What was his character’s name on “Curb Your Enthusiasm?”
5. Mazursky received two Oscar nominations for which film?
Answers: 1. Irwin. 2. Art Carney received an Academy Award for Best Actor in a Leading Role. 3. “The Monkees.” 4. Norm. 5. “An Unmarried Woman.”