CHESTERFIELD - Authorities say a cat might have started a central Indiana house fire by knocking over a lamp.
The fire happened Thursday in the town of Chesterfield just east of Anderson.
Chesterfield deputy fire chief Mark Carman tells The Herald Bulletin that the blaze might have been sparked when one of the homeowner's six cats knocked over the lamp, shattering the bulb. Carman says the homeowner reported seeing a flash and then the flames.
Carman says the fire damage was contained to the home's living room and no one was injured. He says crews rescued two pet dogs, but at least one cat died.