- IPFW volleyball 'gives up' in home loss to Loyola
- Video: IPFW volleyball loses to Loyola highlights
- Video projections: Could IPFW and Ball State meet in MIVA quarterfinals
- Former IPFW, Saint Francis volleyball coach lands new head coach position
- Video: IPFW volleyball beats Limestone highlights
The IPFW men's volleyball team had a negative attack percentage in two of the four games and lost its conference opener.
IPFW had a season-low .115 attack percentage as it lost to Lindenwood 25-14, 26-28, 25-18, 27-25 on Friday at the Gates Center.
The Mastodons (3-3, 0-1 MIVA) in the opening game hit a match-worst -.087. In addition, following an overtime victory in the second game IPFW had a -.028 attack percentage in its seven-point third game loss.
Lindenwood (1-3, 1-2 MIVA) finished the match with a .241 attack percentage and out-blocked IPFW 14-7. Libero Cory Buehler in the victory also led all players with a season-high 16 digs
Outside attacker Eddie Rivera in the loss had a match-high 15 kills, while freshman outside attacker Andy Sellan added 12 kills.
This is the first MIVA victory for Lindenwood in its program history. Lindenwood, which is located in St. Charles, Mo., is in its inaugural season in the conference after successfully transitioning from NAIA to NCAA Division II last season.
IPFW following this loss will conclude its three-match homestand as it plays host to Quincy (4-4, 0-1 MIVA) at 7 p.m. Saturday at the Gates Center.