An early morning fire Sunday prompted the evacuation of nearly a dozen units at Canterbury Green.
The incident was reported to the Fort Wayne Fire Department at 2:19 a.m., according to a news release, with firefighters being dispatched to 5210 Stonehenge Blvd., Apt 4.
Upon arrival three minutes later, firefighters found heavy smoke coming from an apartment on the first floor, the release said. The firefighters made entry and extinguished a fire that was centered in the kitchen that apparently started on the stove.
Residents were evacuated from 11 adjoining apartments, with some having to use ladders to descend from a second-floor balcony, according to the release.
The fire was deemed under control at 2:50 a.m., with no injuries reported. The apartment sustained heavy smoke damage and minor fire and water damage, according to the release.