Tonight's best bet is the 1996 film “Jerry Maguire,” which airs at 8 p.m. on AMC. The film, which stars Tom Cruise as a sports agent, is smartly written and directed by Cameron Crowe.
Cuba Gooding Jr. won the Best Supporting Actor Award for his portrayal of an NFL player who wants Maguire to “show me the money.”
Renee Zellweger also stars as the secretary/administrative assistant who leaves her secure job to work for Maguire.
How much do you know about Cuba Gooding Jr.?
1. Where was Gooding born?
2. Gooding began his acting career by playing a gang member in what popular NBC crime drama?
3. Gooding starred as Maj. Emanuelle Stance in which 2012 film about the Tuskegee Airmen?
4. Gooding played a developmentally challenged man in which 2003 drama?
5. Gooding starred with Jack Nicholson in this hit 1997 film about an obsessive-compulsive man who takes a gay man under his wing.
6. He guest-starred several times on this TV series about a secret agent who never needed a gun because he was scientifically resourceful.
7. He portrayed Petty Officer Doris Miller in this 2001 film about a famous wartime event.
8. Gooding's father was the lead vocalist for which R&B group?
Answers: 1. The Bronx, New York City. 2. “Hill Street Blues.” 3. “Red Tails.” 4. “Radio.” 5. “As Good as It Gets.” 6. “MacGyver” (1985-1992). 7. “Pearl Harbor.” 8. The Main Ingredient.