The Rant is The News-Sentinel's anonymous sound-off forum. The readers' views expressed here do not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of The News-Sentinel.
So Republican negativity caused us to lose the White House? Just look at the untrue and rotten things Harry Reid said about Mitt Romney. Going back to old Ted Kennedy and onward, the Dems are clearly the kings of negativity and character assassination. No, we lost because of the low information voters who bought the lies and love the free presents from (President Obama).
Once again, as a reminder to IU fans, which three Indiana universities have a team going to a bowl game this season? Notre Dame, Ball State and Purdue. Don't see Indiana WHOosiers name on this list.
Where is Tom Henry getting the $100,000 to move the Anthony Wayne statue and why is he doing it when the unemployment rate for Allen County just rose a half percent? It certainly won't help create any new jobs.
The NRA membership is 1 percent of the population. It's time for the other 99 percent to stand up and stop the violence. Not just in schools or malls but on every street corner. The killing of innocent people must stop. Write your representative and tell them to stop the violence now.
Why should I continue to donate to the mission, food bank, Salvation Army if Henry is going to blow $100,000 to move a statue nobody pays any attention to?
Mayor Henry, are you feeling OK? It's appearing to us regular citizens that you might be a spendaholic. What's next? Moving fire hydrants across the streets?
You low-information voters out there need to know that the USA has already gone over a fiscal cliff. You are falling, and when you hit the bottom there is going to be an even lower standard of living. And it may be worse than that.
$100,000 to move the Anthony Wayne statue; who pays? Anyone can spend money that belongs to someone else, and Mayor Henry knows how to do it.
The primary concern of the NRA is the financial wellbeing of gun manufacturers. Social responsibility and concern for the greater good take a back seat in the quest for profits.
I would like to know why the northeast side of town loses power and the northwest side does not. The same thing happened last summer and my power was off five days. … The city was so determined to get us annexed, but can't provide good electric service. The problems we have in America are not caused by the banks, corporations, workers, unions, etc. The problem is caused by the pigheads in Washington who can't even agree to disagree. The country is being held hostage by less than 1,000 people. The answer starts with “We the people.”
On Dec. 14, a deranged Chinese man attacked students at a school with a knife, wounding 22. On Dec. 14, a deranged Newtown, Conn., man attacked students and staff at a school with a Bushmaster AR-15 rifle, killing 26. But guns don't kill people? Wrong! Knives don't kill people!
Four days before the celebration of the birth of the Prince of Peace, Wayne LaPierre insists that the only way to prevent another Newtown is to pay for armed guards at every school in the United States. I wonder if the Prince of Peace would agree with this strategy?
I keep hearing the argument against gun control linked to airliner crashes. Whenever an airliner crashes and the cause is found, that type of airliner is grounded until changes are made. We can do the same with assault rifles. Ground them until we fix the problem.
I don't care if you're retired military or not, that doesn't make you special. We don't need to see every email you send to Congress or read your every thought. How about applying some of that writing energy into doing something useful for your fellow man? Enough said.
I just wondered if the drivers of (delivery) trucks could drive any faster through residential neighborhoods? Either they need to get more drivers to help out or work two shifts of drivers.
Mr. Moss, Mr. Fries, Mr. Pape: Ethics committees, et al. If it walks like a duck, swims like duck, has feathers like a duck, flies like a duck, and quacks like a duck, regardless of how you spin it, wrap it or try to sell it ... to the rest of us, it is still a duck!
Christmas Day article “Guns kill kids in America every day.” So do drugs, they kill a lot more. I hear no outcry to ban assault drugs!
Can't you anti-Christians and anti-Christmas people be consistent? Dec. 24 isn't a holiday. Why don't you complain when stores close early?
Day after Christmas, back to work, 7:50 a.m. intersection of Scott and Illinois roads, no snow yet but (a snowplow truck) comes flying through a red light heading west on Illinois. Guess he was just practicing. Please get this idiot off the streets now.
To contribute to The News-Sentinel’s anonymous sound-off forum, email comments of 50 words or fewer to email@example.com or send mail to: The Rant, The News-Sentinel, 600 W. Main St., Fort Wayne, IN 46802.