• Newsletters
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
°
Friday, July 21, 2017
View complete forecast
News-Sentinel.com Your Town. Your Voice.

Fire in Fort Wayne apartment building ruled accidental

Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.The Associated Press
Monday, November 26, 2012 12:41 pm
A Sunday morning fire in an apartment building that sent one person to the hospital and displaced dozens more has been ruled an accident, started by a malfunctioning light fixture.

The Fort Wayne Fire Department said in a news release Monday that the fire was electrical in nature at Baldwin Creek Apartments' building at 1920 Hobson Road, building F.

About 40 people were rescued or safely escaped from the blaze, which was reported around 7:59 a.m. One person was in good condition after being taken to a hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation.

Comments

News-Sentinel.com reserves the right to remove any content appearing on its website. Our policy will be to remove postings that constitute profanity, obscenity, libel, spam, invasion of privacy, impersonation of another, or attacks on racial, ethnic or other groups. For more information, see our user rules page.
comments powered by Disqus