News-Sentinel.com Your Town. Your Voice.
This Weeks Deal
The Plex
Batting-Cage Tokens at 51% off for $22
($45 Value)
This Week Only
$22
52% off
Local Business Search
Stock Summary
Dow16943.81
Nasdaq4415.49
S&P 5001967.572.89
AEP54.31-0.49
Comcast54.550.195
GE26.550.35
ITT Exelis17.10-0.01
LNC52.070.26
Navistar36.71-0.11
Raytheon92.960.86
SDI18.200.22
Verizon50.320.68

Fire in Fort Wayne apartment building ruled accidental

Monday, November 26, 2012 - 12:48 pm

A Sunday morning fire in an apartment building that sent one person to the hospital and displaced dozens more has been ruled an accident, started by a malfunctioning light fixture.

The Fort Wayne Fire Department said in a news release Monday that the fire was electrical in nature at Baldwin Creek Apartments' building at 1920 Hobson Road, building F.

About 40 people were rescued or safely escaped from the blaze, which was reported around 7:59 a.m. One person was in good condition after being taken to a hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation.