My son and I recently watched a couple of episodes of “Minute to Win It,” a game show that allows competitors the chance to do something (usually stacking or balancing many things) within 60 seconds. The show airs at 8 and 8:30 p.m. weeknights on the Game Show Network.
Here's a quiz of some of my favorite game shows.
1. This man was the original host of “Jeopardy!”
2. This game show featured two contestants who had to make a tic-tac-toe using the nine celebrities seated before them.
3. Alex Trebek hosted this game show that used a couple of huge dice.
4. Can you name the host of “Wheel of Fortune” before Pat Sajak? Can you name his beautiful assistant? Hint: It was not Vanna White.
5. Before “Price Is Right,” Bob Barker was one of the emcees of this game show that spanned the 1950s-1980s, and that's the truth.
6. Groucho Marx hosted this show, which featured more comedy than quizzes.
7. Kitty Carlisle Hart was a panelist for many, many years on this game show where three people claimed to be the same person.
8. The network had to announce this game show was pre-recorded the night panelist Dorothy Kilgallen died.
Answers: 1. Art Fleming. 2. “Hollywood Squares.” 3. “High Rollers.” 4. Chuck Woolery and Susan Stafford. 5. “Truth or Consequences.” 6. “You Bet Your Life.” 7. “To Tell the Truth.” 8. “What's My Line?”