• Newsletters
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
°
Monday, July 24, 2017
View complete forecast
News-Sentinel.com Your Town. Your Voice.

New city-county 911 deal in the works

Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.The Associated Press
Friday, November 09, 2012 04:00 pm
The Allen County Commissioners Friday approved an agreement that will reduce the county's share of the expense of the joint emergency communications department it created with the city in 2010.

The original deal called for the county to pay 30 percent of the department's budget and the city the remaining 70 percent. But among other things the amendment – which will also require City Council approval – will change the ration to 20 percent county and 80 percent city. The split will be reviewed and if necessary changed annually on the basis of where 911 calls originate.

The department's current budget is about $6.9 million, much of it from 911 fees paid by telephone customers.

Comments

News-Sentinel.com reserves the right to remove any content appearing on its website. Our policy will be to remove postings that constitute profanity, obscenity, libel, spam, invasion of privacy, impersonation of another, or attacks on racial, ethnic or other groups. For more information, see our user rules page.
comments powered by Disqus