It's likely that no charges will be filed related to the death of a Fort Wayne man unless someone comes forward with new information, said Allen County Prosecutor's office spokeswoman Robin Niedzwiecki.
Dawain Dontae Porter, 24, had been a paraplegic since December 2006 when he was shot multiple times outside Glenbrook Mall. Porter died Saturday from complications of paraplegia.
His death was declared the county's 17th homicide of the year.
Niedzwiecki cited insufficient evidence as the reason why no one has or likely ever will be charged with a crime related to Porter's death.
Porter was 19 years old at the time of the shooting. According to previous News-Sentinel stories, at the time of the incident police believed Porter knew the alleged shooter. Witnesses said they thought the shooting stemmed from a previous disagreement between Porter and the shooter.
The day after the incident, a man was arrested and charged with aggravated battery and possession of a handgun without a license in connection with the shooting. Those charges were dismissed, according to electronic court records.